Business Development Manager – Ito Motion
Cambridge or London
At Ito World, we’re experts in visualising movement data.
We transform complex data into striking visualisations. We work with organisations ranging from global technology businesses, engineering consultancies and local governments. Whatever their size, our clients share a desire to transform complex concepts into easily understood visualisations.
We’re looking for someone to help lead the sales effort for our exciting new data visualization product, ‘Ito Motion’.
Ito Motion is a licenced software product, that helps our clients turn their movement data into insightful, striking visualisations without the need for specialist experience or training.
You will report to Ito’s Head of Business Development and you will be responsible for driving new business sales targeting the UK, Europe and North America. Our initial target market is transport professionals and the supporting consulting ecosystem. As the product matures, we will be going after the much larger space of visualising any movement data.
What you’ll do
- Prospect and develop new customer accounts
- Understand your customers’ budgeting and acquisition process
- Develop an extensive pipeline of repeatable business
- Achieve defined sales targets
- Participate in trade shows, seminars, workshops, webinars and product demos as needed.
- Develop strong client relationships at all levels, identifying key decision makers and influencers
- Leverage social media to prospect and build professional network
- Utilise Salesforce to manage opportunities and drive the buying process
- Collaborate closely with other team members from product management, sales and marketing
- Negotiate and build partnerships with key decision makers across a range of stakeholder groups including analysis and GIS teams, transport planning and policy, marketing teams, and senior management.
What you need to have
- Proven track record in exceeding sales targets within a B2B sales environment
- At least 2 years’ experience selling licenced or subscription-based software products (previous experience of selling GIS, Business Intelligence, Modelling or Simulation software is a bonus)
- Demonstrated experience in managing the sales cycle including prospecting, proposing, and closing
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills including good listening, probing, and qualification abilities
- Self-sufficiency – the ability to generate your own opportunities, as well as ensure that opportunities passing from inside sales are well qualified and managed through to successful close
- High degrees of competence selling over the phone and face-to-face
- Demonstrated solutions sales and consultative approach
- Professional communication skills in English (oral, writing, phone) and Degree education
- Driven, highly motivated and ‘can do’ attitude
- Gravitas and presence- someone who demonstrates credibility and confidence
- A structured approach to sales – ability to manage and prioritize your activities
- Customer driven – someone who is curious about the customer, and genuinely wants to ease their pain points
What we offer
- An opportunity to work with exciting clients, amazing data and on some very cool projects
- Be part of an award-winning team
- An exciting start-up environment, with offices in Cambridge and London. This role will be based in Cambridge and will require frequent travel within the UK.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 25 days’ annual leave
Added benefits include: laptop, mobile phone and pension scheme.
To apply please email us with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are well suited for the role.