Business Development Manager – Transit Data
Cambridge or London
Ito World provides Mobility as a Service (MaaS) ready public transit data of the highest quality for cities worldwide.
Our clients trust Ito to provide a single, quality-assured transit feed at national or city-scale in a format and specification that works for them.
We work with the leading journey planners, mapping & navigation providers and mobility service providers across the globe.
We’re looking for someone to help drive sales of Ito Transit Data.
You will report to Ito’s Head of Business Development and you will be responsible for driving new business sales targeting companies operating across the transit and new mobility vertical.
What you’ll do
- Prospect and develop new customer accounts
- Develop an extensive pipeline of repeatable business
- Achieve defined sales targets
- Participate in trade shows, seminars, workshops, webinars, and product demos as needed
- Develop strong client relationships at all levels, identifying key decision makers and influencers
- Leverage social media to prospect and build a professional network
- Take full accountability for defined customer groups
- Utilise Salesforce to manage opportunities and drive the buying process
- Collaborate closely with other team members from sales, product management, data operations and marketing
- Negotiate and build partnerships with key decision makers across a range of stakeholder groups including product managers, marketing teams, and senior management
What you need to have
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets within a B2B sales environment
- At least 2 years’ experience selling data-driven solutions or enterprise software to major clients
- Demonstrated experience in managing the sales cycle including prospecting, proposing, and closing
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills including good listening, probing, and qualification abilities
- Self-sufficiency – the ability to generate your own opportunities, as well as ensure that opportunities passing from inside sales are well qualified and managed through to successful close
- Customer driven – someone who is curious about the customer, and genuinely wants to ease their pain points
- Experience working closely with product & technical teams in an agile environment. Your understanding of the market and collaborative approach will be important in shaping future product developments and new partnership opportunities
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts simply in the spoken and written word
- Driven, highly motivated and ‘can do’ attitude
- Gravitas and presence- someone who demonstrates credibility and confidence
What we offer
- An opportunity to work with exciting clients, amazing data and on some very cool projects
- Be part of an award-winning team
- An exciting start-up environment, with offices in Cambridge and London
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 25 days’ annual leave
Added benefits include: laptop, mobile phone and pension scheme.
To apply please email us with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are well suited for the role.