Business Development Representative
At Ito World, we’re experts in visualising movement data.
We transform complex data into striking visualisations. We work with organisations ranging from global technology businesses, engineering consultancies and local governments. Whatever their size, our clients share a desire to transform complex concepts into easily understood visualisations.
We’re looking for someone to help the sales effort for our exciting new data visualization product, ‘Ito Motion’.
Ito Motion is a licenced software product, that helps our clients turn their movement data into insightful, striking visualisations without the need for specialist experience or training.
You will report to Ito’s Head of Business Development and you will be driving new business sales targeting the UK, Europe and North America. Our initial target market is transport professionals and the supporting consulting ecosystem. As the product matures, we will be going after the much larger space of visualising any movement data.
We are seeking an individual to work on-site at our Cambridge office as part of a larger Business Development team.
What you’ll do
- Telemarketing and outbound sales to predefined customer groups
- Generate new sales opportunities and build a pipeline of qualified sales leads
- Respond to and develop marketing leads into qualified sales opportunities
- Leverage social media to prospect and build a professional network among our target audience
- Participate in trade shows, seminars, workshops, webinars and product demos as needed
- Utilise Salesforce to manage opportunities and drive the buying process
- Understand your customers’ budgeting and acquisition process
- Develop strong client relationships at all levels. Identify key decision makers and influencers
- Achieve defined sales targets and collaborate closely with your business development colleagues
What you need to have
- Educated to A-level standard minimum
- Three years’ experience gained in a sales-driven role
- High degree of proficiency in telesales and a track record of B2B prospecting and sales success
- Driven, highly motivated, competitive and display a ‘can do’ attitude
- A structured approach to sales – ability to manage and prioritise your activities
- Customer driven – someone who is curious about the customer and genuinely wants to ease their pain points
- The ability to learn innovative technology and convey relevant & compelling customer messages
- Professional communication skills in English (oral, writing, phone)
- Experience selling software products or services. Experience of GIS, Business Intelligence, Modelling or Simulation software would be a distinct advantage
- Experience using a sales CRM platform. Salesforce is preferred
What we offer
- An opportunity to work with exciting clients, amazing data and on some very cool projects
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
- Be part of an award-winning team
- An exciting start-up environment based in our Cambridge office
- Salary dependent upon experience
- 25 days’ annual leave
Added benefits include: laptop, mobile phone and pension scheme.
To apply please email us with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are well suited for the role.