Senior Data Visualisation Designer – Ito World Design Lab
London or remote with access to London
At Ito World, we’re experts in visualising movement data.
We transform complex data into striking visualisations. We work with organisations ranging from global technology businesses to engineering consultancies and local governments. Whatever their size, our clients share a desire to transform complex concepts into easily understood visualisations.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious designer to join our award-winning data visualisation team. The Ito Design Lab is a small consulting team that works with big name clients to deliver striking and insightful visualisations of movement data. We’re ideally looking for a full-time employee but for candidates with exceptional talent we are open to part-time or contract working.
What you’ll do
- Create visualisations that go above and beyond our customers’ expectations
- Use Ito’s proprietary data visualisation and animation tools to create insightful and beautiful visualisations, working with a diverse range of movement data from sources such as traffic, public transportation, people, emissions, telephony, etc
- Use industry standard tools like Adobe After Effects and Cinema 4D to augment Ito’s proprietary tools
- Be comfortable working with a variety of tools to prepare and fix problems and derive spatial relationships in client data, including Ito’s proprietary tools and industry-standard tools such as ArcGIS, QGIS, etc
- Envision & create new visualisation styles for custom projects as well as our off the shelf visualisation product, Ito Motion
- Help with non-client facing design tasks highlighting our capabilities on social media
- Assist with general design tasks related to website, brochures, etc
What you need to have
- A proven track record of great design sensibility
- A passion for spatial data and applying software to generate insights
- A strong desire to get deeply involved, learn new things, understand new data sets and identify/fix data problems using a variety of software tools
- Innovation, creativity and a designer’s eye for detail
- High competency in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator & InDesign in addition to any major 3D software e.g. Blender / Cinema 4D
- Experience bolstering animated dataviz with Adobe After Effects or similar
- Our ideal candidate also has experience with other visualisation tools and libraries such as D3, Mapbox, Leaflet, Plotly
- Our ideal candidate also has proven experience in deriving spatial relationships and insight using standard GIS packages
- A love for what you do, a determination to make a difference and desire to work in an exciting and fast-paced, growing company
What we offer
- An opportunity to work with exciting clients, amazing data and on some very cool projects
- Be part of an award-winning team
- An exciting start-up environment, with offices in London and Cambridge
- Flexible working hours
- Salary dependent upon experience
- 25 days’ annual leave
To apply please email us with your CV, design portfolio and a covering letter explaining why you are well suited for the role.