Test Engineer – Ito Motion
At Ito World, we’re experts in visualising movement data.
We transform complex data into striking visualisations. We work with organisations ranging from global technology businesses, engineering consultancies and local governments. Whatever their size, our clients share a desire to transform complex concepts into easily understood visualisations.
We’re looking for a test engineer to maintain the quality of our exciting new data visualization product, Ito Motion. This product allows our clients to turn their movement data into insightful, striking visualisations without the need for specialist experience or training.
You will report to the Visualisation Product Manager and will develop overall testing strategies and be responsible for ensuring the quality of software releases.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain an overall test strategy for Ito Motion
- Develop tests for new features and to increase existing coverage
- Maintain the automated testing framework, liaising with the development team as required
- Undertake manual testing to supplement automated tests
- Perform functional, regression, integration and load testing
- Testing of both desktop and web applications
- Evaluate testing software to ensure the most appropriate solutions are in place
- Work closely with the product and development team to improve our visualisation products. Suggesting new features and functionality as well as feeding back results of the tests run.
What you need to have
- At least 2 years’ testing experience gained in a commercial environment
- Experience of both manual and automated testing
- Experience testing desktop applications
- Experience with automated testing solutions including automated GUI testing
- Experience with JIRA (or other issue tracking system) and source control such as git
- Knowledge of scripting languages e.g. Perl, Python is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral, written, phone)
- A strong desire to get deeply involved, learn new things and identify/fix problems
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and positively manage changes to workload
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Positive, proactive attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
What we offer
- Join a team working on exciting projects in a friendly, creative and challenging environment
- An opportunity to work on an exciting and innovative product
- A company culture that values initiative and ideas
- An exciting start-up environment, with offices in Cambridge and London.
- This role is based in our Cambridge office alongside others in the test team. Weekly travel to the London office to spend time with the visualisation development team will be required.
- 25 days’ annual leave
To apply please email us with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are well suited for the role.