Test Lead – Transit Data
Ito World provides Mobility as a Service (MaaS) ready public transit data of the highest quality for cities worldwide.
Our clients trust Ito to provide a single, quality-assured transit feed at national or city-scale in a format and specification that works for them.
We work with the leading journey planners, mapping & navigation providers and mobility service providers across the globe.
A fantastic opportunity has opened up at our new head office in Cambridge to lead and manage a team of testing engineers.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of Ito’s testing strategy and the development of automated test frameworks for Ito’s Transit data and software products.
You will report to the Transit Operations Director.
What you’ll do
- Design & implement complex automated frameworks that deliver automated testing of real time data feeds within Ito’s Transit Platform
- Develop frameworks to automate the testing of Ito’s data visualisation products including automating GUI tests.
- Lead a small testing team to ensure rigour and best practice throughout the testing process, being responsible for project management, technical leadership and communication to other parts of the business.
- Line manage a team of engineers being responsible for mentoring, performance reviews and career progression of your team.
- Be a role model for your team, supporting and guiding them through engineering challenges and decision making.
- Maintain best practises within the team around testing standards and strategies.
What you need to have
- Excellent development skills in building automated frameworks (in Python or a similar language)
- Experience of testing products that provide high availability, real-time API frameworks and services
- Experience of manual and automated testing of front end web based applications.
- Experience of build systems, continuous integration and release management.
- Experience of Jira or other issue tracking system
- Experience working in an agile (Scrum/Kanban) environment
- Proven experience of being a successful team lead and developing a team of technical people
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate at all levels, both internally and externally
- A strong desire to get deeply involved, learn new things and identify/fix problems
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and positively manage changes to workload
What would be desirable
- Familiarity of transit systems, routing techniques and transit planning
- Familiarity with GIS or data visualisation software
- Experience of SoapUI, Selenium and other automated test frameworks
- Experience of Linux
- Experience of Qt
What we offer
- Join a team working on exciting projects in a friendly, creative and challenging environment
- An opportunity to work with exciting clients, amazing data and on some very cool projects
- A company culture that values initiative and ideas
- An exciting start-up environment based in our Cambridge office
- Be part of an award-winning team
- 25 days’ annual leave
To apply please email us with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are well suited for the role.