Ready to change the future of transportation?
Ito World solves transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travelers everyday… probably even you. Interested in joining us?
We’re interested in talented, curious people who love data as much as we do.
Ito World provides Mobility as a Service (MaaS) ready public transit data of the highest quality for cities worldwide.
Our clients trust Ito to provide a single, quality-assured transit feed at national or city-scale in a format and specification that works for them. We work with the leading journey planners, mapping & navigation providers and mobility service providers across the globe.
We are looking for a talented engineer to join our development team at Ito World. You will be an experienced C++ Developer who is excited by the prospect of working with a range of blue-chip clients, providing a range of products and services to help them with their businesses. You will need to be an excellent team-player who is able to contribute to our highly-skilled development team. You will also have great attention to detail, and are passionate about delivering high-quality code that has been well tested and documented.
What you’ll do
As a key member of the team, you will be working in an environment that values your enthusiasm and ideas as well as your development skills and experience. Reporting to the Software Development Manager the role will involve:
- Developing the technology underpinning our Data Management and Real-Time Platforms
- Expanding our range of importers and exporters that handle large volumes of disparate data
- Building online services for the management of complex datasets
- Ensuring that the platform is well-documented, and changes are communicated to other team members
What you need to have
- 3+ years’ experience of development in a commercial C++ environment
- Educated to degree level
- An innovative and creative approach to software development
- Ability to communicate effectively with other developers, testers and data analysts
- Great attention to detail and able to deliver high-quality code that has been well-tested and documented
- Experience developing web applications, APIs and services is also highly desirable
What you need to be
- A successful team player with proven experience working as part of an open, collaborative team
- An excellent communicator who is able to communicate at all levels, both internally and externally
- Not afraid to tackle difficult situations and provide constructive feedback to help others improve
- Have a strong desire to get deeply involved, learn new things and identify/fix problems
- Have the ability to multitask, meet tight deadlines and positively manage changes to workload
What is also desirable
- Experience of Jira or another sprint management system
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Knowledge of Django and other Python based web frameworks
- Familiarity of transit systems, routing techniques and transit planning
- Development in a Linux environment
What we offer
- Working on exciting projects in a friendly, creative and challenging environment
- The opportunity to get to grips with amazing data used in some very cool projects
- An exciting start-up environment, with offices in Cambridge and London
- Be part of an award-winning team
- Opportunities for career development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- 25 days’ annual leave
To apply please email us with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are well suited for the role.